Kilgore

Kilgore
Family

Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Ulimate Goal


Memorial Day is a time that is hard to forget because four years ago on Memorial weekend Jadelyn had her first seizure.  I remember her not feeling good but she wanted to play in the pool, so I striped her down and let her have fun. As we were planning on leaving to go home Kyle had Jadelyn, she fell backwards in his arms and had a seizure.  I remember calling 911.  Every second felt so long, until help came.  A trip to the ER in an ambulance and a long night of testing we were sent home. After seeing a neurologist, he said the seizure was unexplained and thought maybe it was a one time event.
That was my hope that it was a one time seizure.  But I feared she would have another one, I had o push it out of my mind.  That was until Labor Day weekend, that same year she had her second seizure, two short ones close together. An ambulance ride to the ER and more tests, they put her medication. The seizures still  unexplained. The goal was to be seizure free for a year and then take her off the medication.  I remember being so relieved a year without a seizure had passed and she was off the medication.
New Years Day a few months of being off the medication, things changed again.  We took Jadelyn in to the doctor, at the hospital after having a couple of seizures in the morning.  I remember being at the doctors offices when she had another one.  They were not prepared for a situation like this and I put her in the hands of people that did not give me confidence.  They called 911and we had a short ambulance ride ER, where Jadelyn was given better care. She had at least 5 seizures in one day and a 5 day stay in the hospital.
Now 2 1/2 years later, we are in the process of slowly taking her off medication.(We have been slowly taking her off since June and will be off it in October.)  The fear of the unknown can be daunting at times, but I have to trust, with confidence, my girl in the Creator's hands.  Knowing that He has every second of her life has been planned out. I pray amazing things will come from an amazing girl.
Because of what has gone on in Jadelyn's brain there has been many challenges that she has faced.  She is a brave and strong girl who keeps fighting.  I get weighed down and overwhelmed. I have to remind myself what is the ultimate goal for her, that she follows God with all her heart, soul, mind and strength, which she's good at.  She loves serving along side of me as I help at church, she is much better at it then I am.  She tells everyone she knows that she serves at church and that she moved up to Pipeline (the elementary department at our church as she moves into Kindergarten). She has such joy and excitement to go the church.  I get asked all the time, "when is church"?  She loves to sing worship songs, playing pretend church.  What boldness and childlike faith she has.  She teaches me so much about my faith and life.  I continue to pray that she never loses her boldness and childlike faith.

No comments: