Kilgore

Kilgore
Family

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Kody's Story

I have been saying for awhile now that I didn't want to labor in the hospital long like I did with Jadelyn and that I was willing to take drugs to help with the pain.
So it really started Friday night when we took Jadelyn to the urgent care. She was running a 103 fever. I remember telling Kyle that things feel a little different but it was just a progression. Saturday we all spend relaxing and lying around the house trying to get over our colds. I kept feeling the same way, until 8:45 that night when I could not sleep any more because of contractions. I got up thinking it would be awhile and tried to get stuff done. Woke Kyle up to let him know what was happening but he was feeling so sick I just wanted him to sleep. Called my Mom around 10:20 and asked her to come down. Knowing that they had just received a ton of snow it could take them awhile. Around 11:30 my parents got to the house and I have my mom start keeping track of things for me. I keep thinking that I wanted to labor at home and not the hospital. But not much later I said they are getting stronger so we need to go in. We left some time after midnight. Kyle took me in and they started to check me in and do what they needed to do. But they put us in a little tiny room and had the heat way up. The nurse kept asking for the heat to be turned down. Around 1ish while they were checking me, we finally got told that I was dilated to 8-8 1/2 cm. Sometime while in the room Kyle had started not feeling well. He called his mom to come. I told him to get up and get some fresh air and walk around. But all I heard when he stepped out of the room was the nurses telling him to sit down and grabbing a chair for him. Next they were yelling for smelling salts. Then they put him on a gurney and were taking off my blood pressure cuff and oxygen sensor and putting on it on Kyle. They told us that they were sending him to the ER to be check out. So I see my husband being wheeled away. The nurses grab my stuff and send me off to my room. I asked if I would be able to get drugs now and was told yes. As the nurse came back with drugs (which I never got) and I asked if I could be check again or see the doctor. Things were feeling really different and that I was feeling like I needed to push. She runs to get the doctor. A few minutes later they broke my water and told me to push when I feel the need to push. Less then 20 minutes later I see the doctor holding my son with two hands football style. They start checking him out and my wonderful mother-in-law walks into the room. I finally had someone with me! After they finish with Kody they hand him to me to hold! What a sweet moment it was to finally hold my son. I don't know how much later Kyle comes to the room. He had been sick and dehydrated, which is what cause him to almost pass out and miss his sons birth. I was just so relived that he was ok and that he was back with me.
The two us...so happy to be together! I finally got to hold him!

2 comments:

aimee_p said...

ok so how much trouble was Kyle in?? Crazy story, you guys have been hit so hard with this cold! I am so HAPPY that you are home and labor was so easy-or you made it sound that way=) Looking forward to seeing you and the kids!!

Gow_spot said...

oh my goodness! what a story johannita! you are sooo brave and STRONG to deliver alone! wow! you are one amazing woman!
i am super glad that Kyle was with you and Kody soon after... and sooo sorry you were doing the hard hard stuff without him.

i LOVE your pix of the two kiddos together.. soo soo sweet!

praying for healing and adjusting for you guys.
love you and am sooo happy for you!