Jadelyn went to see her Pediatrics Neurologist yesterday. So here is the news: due to the definition of epilepsy, having two or more seizures, Jadelyn has epilepsy. The seizures Jadelyn has been having themselves are not harmful but due to her falling or getting hurt while having a seizure is a problem. Therefore she is going to kept on anti-seizure medication. Hopefully a year after her last seizure (so hopefully a year from now) the doc will be able to evaluate her to determine if she is ready to be taken off the medication. If not then most children who have childhood seizures grow out of the by puberty.
As a mom my heart is still heavy with worry of if there is going to be another. How can I protect her and keep her from getting hurt? Here is what I have to do...realize that she is a gift from God and I have been given her for the time she is here. To love her and teach her about God.
Second Trust. Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Pro 3:5. I need and have to trust God that His ways are better then my ways. I don't understand why this is happening to Jadelyn. But that is not the point... He wants me to trust Him in ALL things.
Third is not to worry. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matt 6:34. Worrying will not change anything. He will provide what is needed.
Forth during this trial I must rejoice and know that He is molding me into His character. Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4 I need to realize that she is doing well and that she has not gotten hurt in any of her seizures. She is a normal developing kid, which some parent would love to have. Rejoice in the positive things.
Fifth I need to ask for wisdom in dealing with the situation. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5. I need wisdom to know how to handle situations with her. Wisdom in letting go. Wisdom in raising a child.
I hope this will sever has reminder to me of how Great, Powerful and Good my God is.
2 comments:
wow johannita. you are soo grounded in the truth.
will be praying for safety and for renewed trust for you and your hubby each day.
i can not believe how BEAUTIFUL your baby girl is- i love love love the pix on the top of the blog.
praying with you and trusting God...
Wanted to let you know that I am praying for you.
Post a Comment