Last Thanksgiving I remember writing a post about being thankful that Jadelyn had been seizure free for a year. I can still be thankful for that year, but now her having another is more in the forefront of my mind. When she recently got sick, I kept telling myself that she is on medication and that it should not happen again, but I kept wondering if she might have another one. We started to see some signs of what happened before she her seizures. She started being really tired and not responding to our questions so we made an appointment to take her in. Should have told her that earlier because she perked up in knowing that she was going to the doctor and seeing Grandma Gail. I am thankful for not having to deal with another seizure.
I realized that I have forgotten to give an update on her. In early November Jadelyn went back for a check up. Everything looks good. The doctor said this time he thinks we should wait two years before weening her back off her medication.That was good news because I am not ready to try again. She had blood work to do and she was a champ about it. Even impressed the person doing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment