Kilgore

Kilgore
Family

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sad news

Late Thursday night/early Friday morning I had a miscarriage. During this time Kyle and I had to deal with things that parents should not have to deal with. I had an incredible husband who did things few Dad should have to do with his child. Grandma Gail come down and we took a trip to the ER and then the OR and then finally home to see our sweet precious little girl.
This pregnancy was very different than with Jadelyn. First, it was how I was feeling. Second, was what I was thinking. One thing I knew is that with my family being so large the risks one of us women miscarrying was high. I guess God was preparing me for what was to come. Also at the beginning of the pregnancy I was dealing with feeling like God could take away Kyle or Jadelyn from me. I could not listen to the song Praise You in the Storm by Casting Crown without crying. Part of the song has this He is a God that gives and takes away. In the last two weeks I was able to listening without crying. I never realized that God would take away my unborn child. But there is some reason out there for it unknown to us right now. But all I know is that some day I will be able to hold my child in heaven. My three Russell nieces and nephew with their child like faith have it right. My baby never had to experience sin and is in a perfect place in the presence of our Lord.
So to leave you with a verse in the same song:
I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

3 comments:

Gow_spot said...

oh johannita. i am sooo very sorry.
i am praying for you tonight.

may God be hope and an anchor for your soul. heb 6:19

i am soo very sorry.

love-

aimee_p said...

You are amazing. You are strong. kyle is a good man. Stay faithful with your prayers, He will give you strength. We are all praying for you.

Walswicks said...

I am so sorry Joanna. I wish there were words to ease the pain. Know that I share your tears and pray the Lord will comfort you and carry you through this time. We love you and will continue to pray.